By Patricia Hall, Fairfax Family Fun
With Halloween behind us and cooler temperatures finally in the air, you may be getting ready to say farewell to fall festivals, but…not so fast! You still have a chance to visit these local farms to enjoy fun attractions including hayrides, games, and giant slides. Some also have corn mazes, farm animals to visit, and live entertainment. Below are the fall festivals that will remain open through this week or weekend and beyond. Some of these events are open daily and some also are open next Monday and Tuesday, November 7-8 (those two days are student holidays from school and Tuesday is Election Day).
For a detailed description of these festivals, see our original fall festival guide. Also note that Cox Farms and Great Country Farms host pumpkin smashing events on the last weekend of their fall festivals: read about what you can expect when pumpkins get smashed, tossed, and even dropped!
- Daily through 11/8 – Pumpkin Village at Leesburg Animal Park , 9:30 am-5 pm
- Daily through 11/11 – Amazing Farm Fun at Ticonderoga Farm, 9 am-6 pm
- Daily through 11/8 – Temple Hall Corn Maze and Fall Festival, 4 pm-6 pm weekdays, 10 am-6 pm Saturdays, 10 am-5 pm Sundays
- Saturday only, 11/5 – Cows-n-Corn Maze and Fall Fun,10 am-5 pm (last entry at 3 pm)
- Weekend of 11/5-11/6 – Cox Farms Pumpkin Madness weekend, 10 am-5 pm
- Weekdays through 11/8 – Cox Farms Fall Festival, 10 am-5 pm
- Weekend of 11/5-11/6 – Great Country Farms Pumpkin’ Chunkin’ Week, 10 am-5 pm
- Weekend of 11/5-11/6 – Whitehall Farms Fall Fun Days, 10 am-5 pm
- Weekend of 11/5-11/6 plus 11/7-11/8– The Corn Maze in the Plains, 10 am-10 pm Fridays-Saturdays (until 6 pm on Sundays), plus 10 am-4 pm on Monday and Tuesday, 11/7-11/8
Please note: We provide this information based on previously published information by these businesses. Seasonal events are always subject to change due to weather or other issues so it is advisable to confirm openings and operating hours directly with the farms you want to visit.
Photos by P. Hall