Happy Thanksgiving, everyone! Even in this crazy year, we still have many reasons to give thanks! In an effort to live with “an attitude of gratitude,” instead of thinking of all the things have been cancelled, put off, restricted, or otherwise diminished, here are some ways to celebrate the holiday with some joy:
- Help others in need: Britepaths is a great resource for giving back to families in Fairfax County that could benefit from our kindness!
- Put your time to good use: Check with Volunteer Fairfax for ways that you (and even your kids) could contribute to the community either on a one-time or an ongoing basis.
- Make your home a fun zone: Whether it’s trying a new recipe or making an easy craft with kids, our Pinterest page for Thanksgiving has fun ways to pass the time and bring more fun into your home.
- Enjoy time outdoors: We not only have had great weather lately (surprisingly warm for this time of year), but we have many local, state, regional, and park systems to choose from to spend some great time outside connecting with nature
- Stay in a positive mindset: Avoid the barrage of nonstop negativity from most news and instead check out these sites that bring you good news only!
Leave a Reply