Fall is just about here and that means time for an area tradition: a trip to Cox Farms! The fall festival is a favorite of local families (many guests who went as youngsters now take their own children!) and it’s easy to understand why: with a giant six-lane slide, numerous other hillside slides, a super-fun hayride, hay forts, rope swings, tot areas, gem mining, live entertainment, the Billy Goat Village and other farm animals to visit, and more, you’ll never run out of things to do. Even so, Cox Farms continues to innovate. Last year it added the Imaginature Trail, a walk through a forest with a storybook theme.
This year the Fall Festival — which kicks off in a few days with the Preview Weekend September 17-18, 2016, and then operates daily daily September 24-October 31 and again November 4-8 — has added even MORE attractions! Here’s what’s new this year at Cox Farms:
- Treetops: this feature, to debut on Preview Weekend, is Cox Farms’ take on a treehouse. It’s a series of connected, raised platforms to explore, with giant bark-covered utility pole “trunks” as their bases. Treetops visitors can take in the 360-degree views of the festival grounds from above, and enjoy interactive features including flag-raising and noise-making. Treetops also features two slides: one fully covered tube slide and one open slide.
- Pokemon features: As Pokemon GO players have discovered, Cox Farms is home to dozens of Pokestops and several gyms. On Wednesday afternoons in October, Cox Farms will lure at least a dozen Pokestops around the festival grounds and along the hayride route. Visitors can take advantage of discounted “Last Call” tickets starting at 4 om to “catch ‘em all” while also enjoying hayrides, slides, and all the fun of the Fall Festival.
Admission fees for Cox Farms vary by day: admission is $10 on weekdays, $15 on weekends, and $17 on prime weekends, but the farm also offers several ways to save:
- Public Servant Discounts: To support local public servants, Cox Farms offers a $5 discount on up to four Fall Festival tickets to public servants during two Public Servants Weekends, on Opening Weekend (September 24-25) and Pumpkin Madness Weekend (November 5-6) this year. Government employees, educators, first responders, law enforcement, nurses and members of the military can save $5 by presenting a valid badge or identification.
- Value Visit Days: Back by popular demand this year are two Fall Festival weekday “value visit” options introduced in 2015. There will be seven “Discount Weekdays” during the 2016 season (September 26, 27, 28, 29 and October 3, 4, and 5), during which admission will be just $6 all day. On October weekdays (not including Indigenous Peoples Day, Monday 10/10) after 4 PM, $5 “Last Call” tickets make after-school visits a bargain.
- Member Discounts: Sign up (membership is free) as a Cox Farms Member or Fear Fanatic (for Fields of Fear, the nighttime festival with scary trails weekends September 23-November 5), and you will receive great deals on admission for Preview Weekend and Pumpkin Madness Weekend, as well as an exclusive offer for Fields of Fear’s Opening Weekend.
Want to save even more? Cox Farms is inviting one Fairfax Family Fun reader and three guests to visit for free! We are giving away one set of four free admission passes to use on opening weekend! To enter, see the information below.
To enter, use any or all of the options in the Rafflecopter app blow. Enter by 11:59 pm on Saturday, September 17, 2016. One winner will be randomly selected by Rafflecopter, third-party app. The winner will be picked immediately after that and notified by email. The winner must reply by midnight on Sunday, September 17, 2016, to claim the prize; failure to do so risks forfeiture. The tickets will be mailed by regular U.S. Postal Service mail to an address the winner provides upon confirmation by the winner. These tickets are for one-time use only during Opening Weekend (September 24 or 25; the winner can choose the day).
Contestants agree to abide by our giveaway terms and conditions. Giveaway open to entrants ages 18 and up. The retail value of the prize is $60.
Photos (c) Fairfax Family Fun