It’s here! Lots of giant slides, farm animals, climbing/tunnel structures, hay rides, rope swings, outdoor play, music, food, and more! Cox Farms, the legendary family-owned farm in Centreville (celebrating its 10th anniversary), each year hosts a huge festival that truly is fun for all ages. The festival kicks off this weekend with “preview” days Saturday and Sunday, Sept. 20-21. From opening weekend (Sept. 27-28) on, the festival will be open daily. Special events include Fields of Fear (the evening Halloween fest, weekends Sept. 26-Nov. 1) and Pumpkin Madness weekend (Nov. 1-2). As usual, you can expect a full day of fun visiting animals and enjoying many play areas (including some for tots), plus live entertainment including kid favorites such as Banjo Man Frank, Kidsinger Jim, Mr. Gabe, and Groovy Nate.
There are some renovations throughout, and this year new attractions include the “Hog Farm,” where visitors can hop on a retired “hog” (motorcycle) buried in the ground for pretend-play and fun photo opps. There also will be “Duck Races” where you can race rubber ducks by pumping water to make them go. Kids also can participate in a Fall Festival Explorer Passport program, collecting stamps from all over the farm for a prize. On Friday and Saturday nights, the friendly farm grounds become the Fields of Fear, with more than a half mile of haunted Cornightmare trails, the Dark Side Hayride: Zombie Zoo, and the thrilling Firegrounds hangout with giant 6-lane slide, bonfires, tasty food and exciting Fear Games.
Ticket prices are reduced on most Fall Festival weekends, at $14 per ticket during Preview (Sept. 20-21), Opening (Sept. 27-28) and Pumpkin Madness (Nov. 1-2) weekends. Ticket prices on the most popular (or “Prime”) weekends in October are the same as in 2013: $17 per person. Weekdays remain unchanged at $9 per person. Cox Farms also offers a $5 discount on up to four tickets to public servants during two Public Servants Weekends, and special discounts to Cox Farms Members and Fear Fanatics (free membership); see details below.
Fall Festival Schedule
- Preview Weekend: September 20 – 21, 2014
- Daily: Saturday, September 27– Tuesday, November 4, 2014
- Pumpkin Madness: November 1 – 2, 2014
- Hours: 10:00 AM – 6:00 PM (closing at 5:00 PM in November); last admission one hour before closing.
Fields of Fear Schedule
- Friday and Saturday Nights: September 26 – November 1, 2014
- Bonus Nights: Sunday, October 12, 2014 and Sunday, November 2, 2014
- Hours: 7:30 PM – 11:00 PM; last admission at 10:00 PM (or earlier if sold out)
Special Offers and Other Good Info
- Public Servants Weekends (Sept. 27-28, Nov. 1-2): First responders, nurses and hospital staff, teachers, and military members get $5 off admission (reg. $14) on up to 4 tickets on these special dates (show your ID)
- Cox Farms Members get discounted rates including $5 off on opening weekend; membership is free
- Fear Fanatics also get discounts on Fields of Fear admission and special offers; membership is free
- The Cox Farms site offers other good tips for how to save via the Value Card, Senior Tuesday, and Value Visit tips
- For more updates, read theirblog, follow Cox Farms and Fields of Fear on Facebook, see the Cox Farms Pinterest and Instagram sites (Cox Farms, Fields of Fear), and follow them on Twitter (Cox Farms, Fields of Fear).
See below for some photos from Cox Farms! (Photos (c) Cox Farms and used with permission), then scroll to win a family four-pack of FREE tickets to use on Opening Weekend!
Win FOUR (4) free tickets to Opening Weekend, 9/27-28!
Enter using the Rafflecopter app to the right; by entering, you acknowledge that you have read, understand, and agree with all terms and conditions.
Enter by 11:59 pm on Monday, Sept. 22. The winner will be picked Tuesday morning, Sept. 23, and tickets will be mailed that day.