Winter is here! Does that mean the fun is over? Of course not! Whether “winter fun” for you means hitting the slopes or having a snowball fight or staying inside, nice and toasty warm, there are plenty of options for you in Fairfax County and Northern Virginia. Our recently updated Winter Guide has them all for you in one place! Here are five ways you can enjoy family fun this winter:
- Visit one of the seasonal outdoor ice skating rinks in our area that you can enjoy only in winter.
- Go sledding or cross-country skiing in a local park or just around your neighborhood.
- Head to a nearby ski resort to enjoy snow skiing, snowboarding, or snow tubing (you don’t need any experience or skill for this last one… just a sense of fun and a love for thrills!).
- Enjoy outdoor fun at home making a snowman or even just showing your creative side with winter crafts such as snow painting and icy creations.
- Visit one of the many year-round facilities in our area for indoor fun.
Details on all these (and links to specific sites) are in our Winter Guide!
Leave a Reply