Whether you’re in the market for a new vehicle, you just love to “window shop” for cars, or you want to see the latest in automotive technology, there’s no better place around here to do all that and more than at the annual Washington Auto Show. The big event at the Walter E. Washington Convention Center in Washington, DC, takes place January 27 through February 5, 2017. The event features hundreds of vehicles on display, has lots of information sessions, and is designated as one of the nation’s top five auto shows by the International Organization of Motor Vehicle Manufacturers.
And it’s also a family-friendly event, with local celebrities including star athletes, a family fun zone, test drives, and more. Here’s what you can expect at the Washington Auto Show, now in its 75th year:
- More than 600 new models of vehicles from more than 35 manufacturers: you’ll see production vehicles, concept vehicles, exotic cars, electric/hybrid vehicles, luxury vehicles, and “regional reveals” (if you’re looking for a particular type of auto, you can conduct a search online to see some of the vehicles on display)
- VIP tours led by award-winning automotive writers
- A special exhibit area for live painting of “art” cars
- Onsite visits from celebrities and sports personalities, including Jordan Reed of the Washington Redskins), Trea Turner of the Washington Nationals), and WWE superstar Randy Orton
- Character meet-and-greets for children, featuring PBS Kids stars Daniel Tiger, Katerina Kittycat, Princess Pesto & other characters from SuperWhy!, Maya & Miguel, Nature Cat, Ready Jet Go! and Peg + Cat. Kids also can enjoy giveaways and 10-foot high-definition video screens showing PBS cartoons
- The Art of Motion exhibit, a cutting-edge art car display with more than 8,000 square feet of experiential graphic backdrops consisting of motorcycles, autos, fashion and murals
- Ride-and-drive events where you can take out a Mazda, Ford, BMW, Subaru, Toyota, or Kia for a spin
And there’s lots more, including the Military Tribute Day, Green Car Awards, and DC Cool Night social (see the full schedule of events). If you’ve got the stamina to outlast others standing next to a car, you could walk away with a new Hyundai Tucson: the Hyundai Hands-On Contest will see show guests stay in nearly constant physical contact with the prized vehicle for a period of several days. Whoever lasts the longest will win an all-new, completely redesigned 2017 Tucson SE FWD.
Tickets to the Washington Auto Show are $12 for adults, $5 for children ages 6-12, and free fro kids age 5 and under; VIP tour tickets are $40 each and include admission. Between now and 8:45 pm on Thursday, January 26, 2017, you can enter to win tickets:
a Rafflecopter giveaway
Image (c) and provided by Hyundai
Disclosure: I am working with She Buys Cars and have been compensated for helping to promote the Washington Auto Show.