By Amy J. Holmes for Fairfax Family Fun
I absolutely love community theater and think it’s important to introduce kids to the theater at a young age. I really love children’s theater as it’s for children by children. It’s also a great time to completely unplug and enter a different space.
- If you have little ones, consider attending a matinee performance. The evening shows don’t start until 7:30 pm and it can be a late night for little people and for moms who do too much during the week.
- Bring cash for the concessions. They have a wonderful concession bar that my kids always look forward to visiting. If you want to avoid the lines, you can buy some things before the show, and save them for later (note there is no eating or drinking in the theatre during the show).
- I highly recommend this production to Girl Scout Troops for an evening outing. This is perfect for Daisy, Brownie, Junior, and Cadette troops! I love that they have custom Girl Scout patches available at the shows.
- Stick around at the end to meet the cast and get autographs and photos.
- Plan to see MVCCT’s next production, The 39 Steps, in the spring.
Photos by Melanie Beus for MVCCT and used with permission